NTC Standing Rules
1. The Recording Secretary shall be responsible for maintaining a list of the Standing Rules recording changes, additions and deletions.
2. The NTC Board shall form and appoint a National Specialty Show Committee which will assist Associate Clubs in dealing with hotels, setting schedules of events and seminars, trophies, assisting with any other needs pertaining to holding a National Specialty or National Roving Specialty.
3. A parliamentarian may be hired, at the President’s discretion, for any NTC Meeting.
4. No member, officer or director, may use the membership list for personal gain or pass the membership list to any individual or firm for the purpose of solicitation of any Club member, without exception. No member may solicit funds from members for any purpose whatsoever without prior authorization by the President and the Board of Directors. This is to include solicitations for the American Kennel Club, The Norfolk Terrier Club, and any other organization.
5. The Treasurer shall report the financial condition of the NTC treasury to the Board of Directors on a quarterly basis by means of reports that shall include a Quarterly Balance Sheet, a Detailed Quarterly Profit and Loss report, and/or any additional report(s) requested, and that any and all such reports be system generated and shall be provided to the Board no later than fifteen (15) days from the end of each respective quarter.
6. A message from the President or a Board Member designated by the President is required in each issue of the Norfolk Notes.
7. The membership chairman is to make quarterly reports to the President.
8. The National Specialty financial report is to be sent to the membership as quickly as possible.
9. In the matter of any co-signatures on bank accounts, the treasurer shall be responsible for registering the necessary signature cards.
10. It shall be the Treasurer's responsibility that tax returns and any other State or Federal document required to be filed, related to the operation of the Club, be submitted on a timely basis. Tax returns should be made available, if requested, for the annual Audit or review by any board member upon request.
11. It is the Treasurer's responsibility to establish and maintain a “PayPal account” under the office of Treasurer, for accepting payments for any items NTC currently solicits funds, including, but not limited to: Ads, subscriptions, dues, trophy sponsorships, banquet reservations, and other items as they come available. The Treasurer shall work with the appropriate committees and the webmaster to make Club merchandise available for purchase on-line through PayPal when possible. The bank account reconciliation will be prepared by the Treasurer by the 20th of the month following. It will be the Treasurer’s responsibility to notify each respective committee chair of payments received immediately upon receipt of payment so that the remitter may receive merchandise ordered on a timely basis.
12. Nominees and current Board members should be advised that they must attend the annual Board of Directors meeting. Absentees must explain in writing in advance.
13. All officers, committee chairs, etc., on an ongoing basis are to provide at the end of each year’s term, in addition to their annual committee/job report, guidelines and comments on exactly how to do the job they have been performing for the past year. If guidelines are already established, add comments on how to make the job go more smoothly. A copy of these guidelines to be kept in a notebook established for each particular job, as well as in a master notebook containing all job descriptions to be held in possession of the President, so that the books could both be kept up to date at all times. Any changes in established guidelines to be approved by the board.
14. Accounting records are to be kept by any individual receiving or spending NTC funds and such records are to be reported on at least a monthly basis to the Treasurer. Any funds collected on behalf of the Club are to be forwarded to the Treasurer at least monthly. All requests for reimbursements should be submitted to the Treasurer and include receipts and an explanation of the expense. Any amount over $500 requires Board approval and to help expedite payment may be approved in advance and amounts less than $500 may be approved by the President or Treasurer after submission of receipts. Any individual spending over $50 without prior board approval may or may not be reimbursed. No expenses will be reimbursed without proper receipts.
15. The NTC Board shall approve the date and location of the National Specialty at least two years in advance of the date to facilitate having the desired judges and time enough for host to make accommodation to enhance this special event.
16. All correspondence received by the Corresponding Secretary as it pertains to club business shall be sent to the appropriate Board Member or Members within 15 days.
17. Any member who has a check returned that is unpaid for 30 days, shall no longer be considered a member in good standing, and all rights and privileges shall be revoked until said check has been made good.. Any person who writes a check to the NTC which is returned for any reason will be charged $20 to cover the cost of the delinquent check at the discretion of the Board.
18. Tail Directive: When presented with an undocked dog, we would prefer that the judge evaluate the dog on its merits as outlined in the AKC Standard. The presence of an undocked tail should not be a reason to dismiss an exhibit. We feel that the overall type, structure, movement and temperament of the dog should be the primary factors to consider when judging the exhibit. It should be noted, however, that the set of the tail and the placement of the tail are important and should be considered. It should be noted that the tail should not curl over the back; it should be thick at the root tapering towards the top and carried as straight as possible.
19. New members approved after October 1st will have their dues covered for the next year.
20. Associate Clubs seeking financial assistance for local events should submit a detailed description of the event and a written budget for the event to the National Club along with their request.
21. The Board can authorize Committees to make certain expenditures up to a pre-determined amount and receive reimbursement without additional approval provided documentation is submitted along with the reimbursement request. For example, the trophy chair can be authorized to spend up to a certain amount on trophies for supported entries and those invoices can be paid with further approval.
22. The number of conformation champion offspring needed to earn a ROM award shall be six for dogs and four for bitches.
23. Judges’ Selection Process is designed to provide members a meaningful voice while still allowing the Show Chair and the Norfolk Terrier Club (NTC) Board of Governors the ability to ensure that the mission and objectives of the Club will be served by the Judges it hires.
The selection of Judges for conformation and sweepstakes shall be conducted as needed, but at least every three years, through vote of the membership via mailed or electronic balloting.
The NTC Show Chair, or designated NTC Official, shall prepare a Judges' List consisting of those judges approved by the AKC and who are licensed to judge Norfolk Terriers as of 14 days prior to the release of the Judges’ List to the membership. A Norfolk Terrier Breeder/Judge should be given priority.
A Sweepstakes Judge must be an NTC Member, active in the Breed, have bred or co-bred a minimum of 3 Champions of Record and produced a minimum of 3 litters. Sweepstakes Judge should be a respected peer.
Each NTC member in good standing will be allowed to nominate up to three Judges for Conformation and two Judges for Sweepstakes. Foreign AKC approved Judges are allowed to be included.
The NTC Show Chair will tally the nominations and summarize results to the NTC Board of Governors. Any voting documentation will be kept and maintained by the Show Chair or designated NTC Official for historical purposes.
Once results are summarized to the NTC Board of Governors, each Judge will be contacted to verify that they would accept the assignment considering show site, date and established criteria. If the Judge declines, contact will be made with the next Judge in descending order of votes received until the required number of Judges has been obtained.
Click here for PDF version to Print